Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kats vs AMCC (Game 1)

Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    We beat AMCC so clearly they are no good.
    Clearly...

2015 KatFans.com Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KAT007 View Post
    Kats are 89 in RPI, not sure where you are getting your numbers from. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live

And 69 here, http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi
    Actually, I think Warren Nolan showed us at 101 sometime yesterday or today. We have clearly improved RPI. Overall, I am confident this team is ranked much better than RPI is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat85 View Post
    Since they changed rpi weightings a few years ago, teams like SE Louisiana and McNeese have adapted their scheduling . A home win has a positive .7 factor and a home loss has a negative 1.3. Conversely a road win gives you a positive 1.3. You need to schedule a couple of tough non conference road series to be relevent. We scheduled a ton of non conference home games. We are going to have to win our conference tourney, in my opinion, to get in. Even with 42 wins.
    85: I am going to quote you again. You are on to something with this adjusted RPI rating system. (I'm not referring to scheduling strategy)... just noting how RPI is less accurate now.

Examples:
    Texas A&M - RPI 77 - They were a top 25 team although, yes, they just fell out.
    ULL - RPI 67 - Ranked #16 and #15 in 2 different polls.

Sam Houston's RPI of 82 is not logical to me. The selection committee will surely have a different criteria and yes, RPI matters. But I suspect the committee will have an adjusted rating system.

I've speculated we are perhaps rated in the 35-40 range... purely a guess. But looking at ULL, A&M, Sam Houston, I believe all 3 teams would be regional at-large considerations right now. But with RPIs of 67, 77, 82, you would conclude none of these teams is worthy, which isn't logical.

Quote Originally Posted by KatFan View Post
    85: I am going to quote you again. You are on to something with this adjusted RPI rating system. (I'm not referring to scheduling strategy)... just noting how RPI is less accurate now.

Examples:
    Texas A&M - RPI 77 - They were a top 25 team although, yes, they just fell out.
    ULL - RPI 67 - Ranked #16 and #15 in 2 different polls.

Sam Houston's RPI of 82 is not logical to me. The selection committee will surely have a different criteria and yes, RPI matters. But I suspect the committee will have an adjusted rating system.

I've speculated we are perhaps rated in the 35-40 range... purely a guess. But looking at ULL, A&M, Sam Houston, I believe all 3 teams would be regional at-large considerations right now. But with RPIs of 67, 77, 82, you would conclude none of these teams is worthy, which isn't logical.
    On Warren Nolan's site, Kats are ranked at 51 on the coaches poll, which is probably closer to a top 65 team due to duplicate numbers throughout the poll. Kats are in good shape, just need to continue winning and it will all take care of itself. Currently there are a couple of teams ahead of the Kats that have losing record in the RPI ranking.

Let's just win the tourney. Just win baby?
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    Let's just win the tourney. Just win baby?
    I'm good with that.