Thread: Tuition Increase

2015 KatFans.com Supporter old kat 62's Avatar

Tuition Increase

At least we can say we're ahead of the aggies in one area. Our tuition has gone up 156% since 2003 to $5052 per semester. A & M is sitting at $4911 per semester. This is a 108% increase since 2003.

Tuition Increase

Not sure where your numbers come from. I went to both schools websites and found the following:

SHSU:

Focus on the tuition and fees part.

TAMU:

A&M's depends on the department your major is in. Average is $5,472.39 per semester. Pictured is the lowest.

The crazy dude with the custom shoes.

My info came from a local newspaper here in Katy. It list the source as " The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Universities, Center for Public Policy Priorities". It was based on 15 hours per semester. The name of the paper was "Impact".

Odd. The SHSU site lets you adjust the hours past 12. Here is 15 hours:

TAMU's site won't actually go more than 12. Just says 12 or more.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/...oposes-cuts-3/

This is the article from the Conroe/Montgomery County issue of the same paper.

I believe you just find it interesting. Especially since the owners of Community Impact are Bearkats.

Went and looked up the data. Says that there is some Average College and Course Fees that cost $384. The same category at TAMU is $0. Take that away and we are cheaper from the data standpoint. However I have a had time believing the data they have over the SHSU and TAMU websites. Don't know why TAMU would have it on their website that they are more expensive than the actual cost.

Let me see if I can get my head around these figures. If you include extra money for eating out & entertainment, clothes, possibly a car & gasoline & insurance you're spending $90,000 for an education at Sam Houston. Glad I graduated a little earlier.

That is not the only area we are ahead, our School of Music is much more prestigious than theirs. May have something to do with A&M not having one, but hey, we are ahead. Lol Besides, orange is way better looking than maroon.
    If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
    ~Bishop Desmond Tutu