Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 STATS FCS Top 25 Upsets & Losses - Week 2

2017 STATS FCS Top 25 Upsets & Losses - Week 2

Eastern Washington hosting North Dakota State is clearly THE game of the century. That's the hype around it anyway. Maybe it won't be quite THAT big but it is the game of the week. Can the Eagles best the Bison at home? We shall see.....

UPDATE: and the answer is NO, EWU cannot best them. Hard to be to critical of losing to an FBS and one of the Top 2 team....but they look like a shell of their former selves.

Week 2

Thursday Games

FCS Losses to FBS Teams
    N/A

FCS Top 25 Losses to Higher Ranked Teams
    N/A

Top 25 Upsets
    N/A

Saturday Games

FCS Losses to FBS Teams
    #5 Jacksonville State couldn't live up to fan hype as they fall 37-10 to Georgia Tech.
    #6 Villanova cannot pull of the "upset" and fall 16-13 to Temple.
    #25 Weber State puts together a respectable 33-20 showing against California.

FCS Top 25 Losses to Higher Ranked Teams
    #7 Eastern Washington gets destroyed at home against #2 North Dakota State 40-13.

Top 25 Upsets
    #19 Lehigh gets smacked against Monmouth 46-27.

Links:

STATS TOP 25 Scoreboard: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/scoreboard.asp?conf=fcs:999

STATS TOP 25 Poll: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs
    Last edited by vequintana; 09-10-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    The KingKat99 anointed KatFans SuperFan.
    True Kat's favorite Choir Boy.

SHSU Class of 2013
    Music Education

Season ticket holder since 2013, Bearkat since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. OldKat View Post
    ... I wish to apologize on behalf of veq. I don't know how many times I have told him to QUIT BRINGING LOGIC TO THIS BOARD. It totally tips the world on its axis when he does that ...
    Think I have enough signatures?

EWU are frauds this year. Gubrud couldn't even manage 1 TD against NDSU. Apparently Kupp was that good.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    EWU are frauds this year. Gubrud couldn't even manage 1 TD against NDSU. Apparently Kupp was that good.

He had a decent game today

I hated that guy so much at EWU but now that he's in the NFL and doing decent.....I can be a fan.
    The KingKat99 anointed KatFans SuperFan.
    True Kat's favorite Choir Boy.

SHSU Class of 2013
    Music Education

Season ticket holder since 2013, Bearkat since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. OldKat View Post
    ... I wish to apologize on behalf of veq. I don't know how many times I have told him to QUIT BRINGING LOGIC TO THIS BOARD. It totally tips the world on its axis when he does that ...
    Think I have enough signatures?

2015 KatFans.com Supporter Tripod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vequintana View Post
    I hated that guy so much at EWU but now that he's in the NFL and doing decent.....I can be a fan.
    Many will be saying the same about JB next year.
    Tripod, 1941-1962
    "The Three-Legged Don Juan of College Hill, a dog whose name may become a Sam Houston State legend"....Dan Rather, 1952

Beloved Mascot
    Loyal Supporter
    Friend of Students

Quote Originally Posted by vequintana View Post
    After seeing what Kupp did against us two years ago in the dome only playing in one half before getting hurt I became a fan of his....best receiver I've ever seen in person.

After seeing what Kupp did against us two years ago in the dome only playing in one half before getting hurt I became a fan of his....best receiver I've ever seen in person.

Kupp is right up there with the best I've seen. EWU is really hurting right now...they needs some receivers to step up. If EWU doesn't make some big improvements soon, they will not even sniff the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Kupp is right up there with the best I've seen. EWU is really hurting right now...they needs some receivers to step up. If EWU doesn't make some big improvements soon, they will not even sniff the playoffs.
    Agree he made a couple EWU qbs look real good

2015 KatFans.com Supporter
    Remember, they (EW) played NDS (EW lost on their home field) and the Bisons won. JM, and SHSU continue to be two of BIG boys in the FCS. It will be a long season. Kats need to only be concerned with Nicholls in two weeks. A win against Nicholls would be a Big step forward for the Kats,

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't see them making the playoffs at this point. I think Cal Poly has a better chance and they're 0-3 but they dodge UND, EWU and Montana on their schedule this year.