Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: 2017 STATS FCS Top 25 Upsets & Losses - Week 2

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    I don't see them making the playoffs at this point. I think Cal Poly has a better chance and they're 0-3 but they dodge UND, EWU and Montana on their schedule this year.
    Man how does that even happen? Good Lord.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

  2. #12
    All-American UNIPantherFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    Man how does that even happen? Good Lord.
    I know...I dream about NDSU, SDSU and YSU being off our schedule for even just 1 season. However, the Dakotas don't come off the schedule ever but we get to remove YSU and both ISUs on rotation.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    I know...I dream about NDSU, SDSU and YSU being off our schedule for even just 1 season. However, the Dakotas don't come off the schedule ever but we get to remove YSU and both ISUs on rotation.
    It would be a boring season without playing UNI and SDSU...

  4. #14
    All-American UNIPantherFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    It would be a boring season without playing UNI and SDSU...
    Agreed. I really enjoy the thought of playing NDSU. I know it is going to be physical and most likely going to end up a 1 score game or be a 1 score game for 90% of it.....then we play the game and were on that losing end of it.

    Then I just get bitter lol

    Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    Agreed. I really enjoy the thought of playing NDSU. I know it is going to be physical and most likely going to end up a 1 score game or be a 1 score game for 90% of it.....then we play the game and were on that losing end of it.

    Then I just get bitter lol

    Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    But that was when you had a defense! Just kidding, but I don't understand how you guys didn't win a atty with David Johnson and the D you had.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    Agreed. I really enjoy the thought of playing NDSU. I know it is going to be physical and most likely going to end up a 1 score game or be a 1 score game for 90% of it.....then we play the game and were on that losing end of it.

    Then I just get bitter lol

    Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    I've given up trying to figure out how the games against you guys go. UNI didn't have much of a team last year, and we barely escaped with a W. I'm hoping UNI's coaching turnover will make for a less cohesive team this year. Wishful thinking, I know.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kat krazy View Post
    But that was when you had a defense! Just kidding, but I don't understand how you guys didn't win a atty with David Johnson and the D you had.
    UNI is built to stop the run. They don't have a bad pass defense, but they beg you to beat them with the long ball...if a qb is on and has good receivers they will have success. Pretty much the same goes for NDSU.

    imho, it is plain as day that UNI mismanaged their use of David Johnson. We couldn't do anything to stop him it felt...UNI only faltered when they tried to include the rest of the offense!

  8. #18
    All-American UNIPantherFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    UNI is built to stop the run. They don't have a bad pass defense, but they beg you to beat them with the long ball...if a qb is on and has good receivers they will have success. Pretty much the same goes for NDSU.

    imho, it is plain as day that UNI mismanaged their use of David Johnson. We couldn't do anything to stop him it felt...UNI only faltered when they tried to include the rest of the offense!
    We have to be the dumbest football team ever when it comes to how we managed David Johnson. His senior season he was only averaging like 10 touches a game thru the first 5 games. (2-3 record)

    Then it went up to 25-30 touches a game and started to return kickoffs and we finished the season 7-2 after that....including stopping the NDSU 33 game streak (23-3) and beating Illinois State at home (42-28). He took a kickoff to the house against the Birds. That was the year NDSU v ISU played in the title game and we were the only team to beat either of them, which was back to back weekends in Cedar Falls. What could have been.....

    We had at least 5 NFL players on that team......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Katfans.com is the only place on the web to talk about Bearkat sports and Sam Houston State University.

Join Katfans.com for free and get the inside scoop on what's going on with Bearkat Athletics. Join other Kats and members from other SLC schools to get inside on what's going around the league.


Join Us
SHSU Links