Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nicholls vs A&M

2015 KatFans.com Supporter KATatonic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    If you don't think Keeler will use the "Look what we've done recently" on recruits on the fence, you'd be wrong imho.
    I'm not sure there are too many recruits on the "UT or SHSU?", "TAMU or SHSU?", or "Baylor or SHSU?" fence. More likely there are some on the "UNT or SHSU?" or UTSA or SHSU?" fence.
    "None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else." - Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by KATatonic View Post
    I'm not sure there are too many recruits on the "UT or SHSU?", "TAMU or SHSU?", or "Baylor or SHSU?" fence. More likely there are some on the "UNT or SHSU?" or UTSA or SHSU?" fence.
    Well you never know. Embarrassing come from behind to lose on TV has consequences. We shall see.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    Well you never know. Embarrassing come from behind to lose on TV has consequences. We shall see.
    It comes down to how many players absolutely want to play on D1 Texas team in East Texas. Oklahoma and Louisiana teams may hijack the recruiting space from us.

In my opinion, I would not be surprised if Keeler bolts after this year. Just look at the number of Texas programs in trouble right now. Don't think for a second that the head coach of the most successful program in Texas wont get a good look.
    Quote Originally Posted by KATatonic View Post
    KAT DADDY TAILGATERS- 2013 TAILGATERS OF THE YEAR

Quote Originally Posted by stdcrk14 View Post
    In my opinion, I would not be surprised if Keeler bolts after this year. Just look at the number of Texas programs in trouble right now. Don't think for a second that the head coach of the most successful program in Texas wont get a good look.
    I see where you're coming from, but I really see him content as a I-AA guy (FCS, I know). Having spent the time he has in our division, with the success he has generally had, he would have had opportunities to advance before. I would be more surprised if he left than if he stayed.

2015 KatFans.com Supporter BamKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKCKat95 View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but I really see him content as a I-AA guy (FCS, I know). Having spent the time he has in our division, with the success he has generally had, he would have had opportunities to advance before. I would be more surprised if he left than if he stayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bearkat since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by BamKat View Post

The money they could throw at him would definitely be a factor, but this is a fifty-eight year old man who is established and comfortable with himself and his style, not a young coach who is really trying to advance his career.

If somebody throws a million plus at him stuff changes really quick. I couldn't blame him one bit.

I can promise you that he does have his eye on the next level.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

2015 KatFans.com Supporter KATatonic's Avatar
    The money they could throw at him would definitely be a factor, but this is a fifty-eight year old man who is established and comfortable with himself and his style, not a young coach who is really trying to advance his career.
    Exactly...58 years old. Not a whole lot of time left to make bank and set himself and his family up in style. It's what Fritz did. It's what Keeler will do. If he does leave, I say we go after Rebowe at Nicholls...
    "None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else." - Christopher Walken