Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Kats vs Demons generally peaceful discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bearkats94 View Post
    JB just isn’t the same QB from last year. Way to many balls thrown behind the receivers, at their feet, or about 4 foot over their heads. I don’t know if the receivers are running the wrong routes are what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the oline is letting a lot of pressure get to Briscoe . He throws off his back foot quite a bit like he is in a hurry which takes a lot of zip off the ball!!

Kats vs Demons generally peaceful discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB40 View Post
    the oline is letting a lot of pressure get to Briscoe . He throws off his back foot quite a bit like he is in a hurry which takes a lot of zip off the ball!!
    I agree with this. But will also add that the ball was coming out much faster in the Richmond and Pv games. The decision as to where the ball was going seemed more predetermined. Now it seems like one the ball is snapped he's scanning the field in hopes to find an option. It just looks different to me.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    The offense and passing scheme is also not the same. Plays take too long to develop. Passing plays are telegraphed. Gone are the days of "Don't Blink" tempo. That's not on JB. But i agree with some of the throws. still, 500 yards and 4 TDs. terrible qbs can't do that.
    It is taking a while for these play to develop. I hope when Yedi is back it picks back up. That guy could catch the flu in a sterilized room. Itís just fun watching him play. Stewart is good also but with both of them on the field it makes it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 KatFans.com Supporter
    Guys, Briscoe is still the QB who will move this KAT team forward and maybe into the playoffs. Remember, there were several very good SHSU receivers hurt and did not play this week. This 2017 team is what it is. Just keep winning the future games and all will OK. Many very good football teams have some weak games, but this Kat team found a way to win with only 1 minute and 45 seconds left in the game. We all need to support Keeler, Briscoe and the SHSU Defense. Beat Lamar Saturday and if you are not at Bowers, do not say anything negative about this team. "Go Kats Go".

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSU123 View Post
    I think we have a very good team. Never easy to win. This group showed a lot of toughness coming back and winning.Proud of them!!! I like this team and we have a good coach. Proud and fun to follow them.
    That's some strong koolaide you got there.

Speaking of Yedi, I hope he gets a look by the NFL. He's small, but is a playmaker. Probably end up in CFL.

D Davis should get a look...again, small by NFL standards but the guy catches everything thrown his way.

Nathan Stewart will get a chance to play in the NFL...he's got the NFL measurables, plus the game. That dude makes circus catches about every game.

Quote Originally Posted by BCSKAT View Post
    Guys, Briscoe is still the QB who will move this KAT team forward and maybe into the playoffs. Remember, there were several very good SHSU receivers hurt and did not play this week. This 2017 team is what it is. Just keep winning the future games and all will OK. Many very good football teams have some weak games, but this Kat team found a way to win with only 1 minute and 45 seconds left in the game. We all need to support Keeler, Briscoe and the SHSU Defense. Beat Lamar Saturday and if you are not at Bowers, do not say anything negative about this team. "Go Kats Go".
    Yedi was the only receiver out.

Quote Originally Posted by DHKat2 View Post
    Speaking of Yedi, I hope he gets a look by the NFL. He's small, but is a playmaker. Probably end up in CFL.

D Davis should get a look...again, small by NFL standards but the guy catches everything thrown his way.

Nathan Stewart will get a chance to play in the NFL...he's got the NFL measurables, plus the game. That dude makes circus catches about every game.
    I agree. Yedi should get a look at slot, Davis also and could be a really good return man. Stewart could as well but he's not quite as good in the open field as the other two and is a little short. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat89 View Post
    I think he meant that there were multiple guys out for several plays due to minor injuries.

The number of injuries we have right now is stupid. Thankfully they are not critical or season ending but are the annoying, nagging type.

With injuries and suspensions, Nicholls is the only game we've played at full strength. If we can somehow find a way to rest some guys this week that would be nice. I'd like to see griffen and Kyran Jackson get some reps this week.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat89 View Post
    Jaylen Harris was out too.

The crazy dude with the custom shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    The offense and passing scheme is also not the same. Plays take too long to develop. Passing plays are telegraphed. Gone are the days of "Don't Blink" tempo. That's not on JB. But i agree with some of the throws. still, 500 yards and 4 TDs. terrible qbs can't do that.
    Plus, I really don't think our OL is quite there. Our tackles need to move their feet, especially when DEs line up outside shoulder. The DEs are getting dangerously close to really popping JB. Big is great if they can move their feet; otherwise a quick, athletic DE is going to ruin the day.