Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can SLC get 4 teams into the playoffs?

2015 KatFans.com Supporter Tripod's Avatar

Can SLC get 4 teams into the playoffs?

Tripod, 1941-1962
    "The Three-Legged Don Juan of College Hill, a dog whose name may become a Sam Houston State legend"....Dan Rather, 1952

Beloved Mascot
    Loyal Supporter
    Friend of Students

No, 3 but not 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
    KAT DADDY TAILGATERS- 2013 TAILGATERS OF THE YEAR

2015 KatFans.com Supporter KATatonic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stdcrk14 View Post
    No, 3 but not 4.
    If Nicholls and McNeese both win out and SHSU and UCA take care of their business, I think we get 4 in.
    "None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else." - Christopher Walken

Regardless, SLC teams have to win. The conference is getting better. The only way any SLC team gets home seeding in the future is to lift the reputation of the SLC by winning. We have to beat Miss. Valley and CAA schools. Cent Ark beat one last year in playoffs and we beat Richmond so it's happening.

Crush the teams the committee is in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
    No 3 max......just being honest. Unless bubble teams like UNI Montana EWU drop like flies

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    No 3 max......just being honest. Unless bubble teams like UNI Montana EWU drop like flies

A two loss SLC team is getting in over a 3 or 4 loss Big Sky team.
    "None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else." - Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by KATatonic View Post
    A two loss SLC team is getting in over a 3 or 4 loss Big Sky team.
    You really think the committee will perceive it that way? A 3 loss SUU would make it over Nicolls or McNeese any day. Sorry but it's the truth. They've had the 7th toughest schedule in FCS.

The Southland has 4 teams with a winning record. Big Sky has 7.

Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    You really think the committee will perceive it that way? A 3 loss SUU would make it over Nicolls or McNeese any day. Sorry but it's the truth. They've had the 7th toughest schedule in FCS.

SUU is a lock. They will likely be the conference champion. I guess I'm talking about EWU and how overrated they have been all season. Also, NAU will be on the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by KATatonic View Post
    SUU is a lock. They will likely be the conference champion. I guess I'm talking about EWU and how overrated they have been all season. Also, NAU will be on the bubble.
    EWU already has 4 losses and NAU has to beat SUU or they will have 4 so we're getting away from the original 2 loss versus 3 loss scenario.

NAU will have multiple top 25 wins on their resume if they beat SUU.

Last edited by UNIPantherFan; 11-10-2017 at 08:34 PM.