Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats FCS Top 25 - 11/13

2015 KatFans.com Supporter

Stats FCS Top 25 - 11/13

Kats are #5 in the latest STATS poll. NDSU is #4 with one point separating us.

http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp

Rankings look reasonable although I feel South Dakota State at #6 is too close to us in votes (approx. 100). I feel their should be a little more distance between Sam Houston at #5 and SDSU.

2015 KatFans.com Supporter
    Oops. "STATS" poll not "Status"

I canít credit anything with JSU higher than 5.

Look at this gauntlet...which they ran through in very seldom an impressive fashion. Not a single top 25 win

At least we had a win over a ranked team who ended up winning a playoff game. If the Committee doesnít rectify this in the same vein as last year, then iím not sure what to say.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

The committee talks about how important SOS is in their decisions. We'll see. They will move NDSU to 2 and JSU to 3.

Now if they somehow make the Buffaloes to go Alabama, that will be worth watching. I will predict it now, 40-10 Fargo. Those Alabama boys will be saying how do we get these yellow and green people out of here?

JSU should be 4 at best. UCA has a top 5 win, and a top 25 win. Zero FCS losses. They have a better resume in 2017 than JSU

Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    JSU should be 4 at best. UCA has a top 5 win, and a top 25 win. Zero FCS losses. They have a better resume in 2017 than JSU

SHSU has a Top 5 loss. I hate to be the guy to talk about the mythical "quality" loss, but our loss is just as good as JSU's FBS loss. I argue we have as good a resume as JSU has now and UCA's is that much better than both of ours.
    The KingKat99 anointed KatFans SuperFan.
    True Kat's favorite Choir Boy.

SHSU Class of 2013
    Music Education

Season ticket holder since 2013, Bearkat since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. OldKat View Post
    ... I wish to apologize on behalf of veq. I don't know how many times I have told him to QUIT BRINGING LOGIC TO THIS BOARD. It totally tips the world on its axis when he does that ...
    Think I have enough signatures?

Stats FCS Top 25 - 11/13

Quote Originally Posted by vequintana View Post
    SHSU has a Top 5 loss. I hate to be the guy to talk about the mythical "quality" loss, but our loss is just as good as JSU's FBS loss. I argue we have as good a resume as JSU has now and UCA's is that much better than both of ours.
    Iím not saying we are top 5 at all. But after us being 11-0, dominating everyone including a top 15 UCA, we dropped to 5 seed. JSU doesnít have that resume. If the committee doesnít correct that by the final pairings iím going to light them up. lol

JSU has had a top 3 seed, for each of the last three years. and two of the three years they have lost by double digits at home, to an unseeded team. Put that together with a team with zero top 25 wins since 2015 and you have a Resume that should get you nothing.

Stats FCS Top 25 - 11/13

At the end of the day, the facts are that the FCS top 25 is very much a crap shoot at worst, educated guess at best. Unlike the FBS, FCS teams canít travel around and play other conferences very much so thereís no real way to know for sure whoís who until the playoffs. Thatís why i like the playoffs so much. You just never know

For example, SDSU will finish the season with more top 25 wins due to all the mvfc teams ranked. But we have no real way of knowing how good any of those teams really are. Just because they have a number beside them, doesnít mean they belong there. Itís not like the MVFC outside of NDSU has ran all over the rest of the FCS come playoff time. 2014 was the only exception. mVFC teams have lost in the playoffs recently to the Big Sky and SLC, who no one respects. They often say ďA 5-6 MVFC team could win the SLCĒ.

But 2016 showed that to be false with UCA beating Illinois State.

This is why itís so frustrating to me to hear some of these guys rail and rail against the polls as being a joke, and then in their next post talk about how many wins they have against teams ranked in said poll....then WTF are you talking about bruh??

Same old song.
    Last edited by millenniumkat; 11-14-2017 at 07:42 AM.

I was looking at the STATS projected playoffs bracket and they have the top 5 as

1. JMU
    2. Jax St
    3. NDSU
    4. UCA
    5. SHSU

No McNeese or Nicholls St and I am sure NDSU is already lobbying for that #2 seed and will probably get it. I think 2 and 3 will get flipped and rest stay the same. Personally i think South Dakota St should be ranked ahead of NDSU just for the simple fact they put a pretty whipping on the Bison a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Kat89; 11-14-2017 at 08:06 AM.
    SECOND PLACE IS THE FIRST PLACE LOSER !

2015 KatFans.com Supporter Tripod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    How can you justify this? JSU has no quality wins or losses! JSU plays in one, if not the, softest conference. #cupcake schedule
    Tripod, 1941-1962
    "The Three-Legged Don Juan of College Hill, a dog whose name may become a Sam Houston State legend"....Dan Rather, 1952

Beloved Mascot
    Loyal Supporter
    Friend of Students