Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rule Likely to Impact SHSU, UCA in Playoffs

New Rule Likely to Impact SHSU, UCA in Playoffs

Eight teams will receive seeds and first-round byes. If two teams from the same conference are seeded, the selection committee is charged with placing them on opposite sides of the bracket, even if it means changing seed lines. The new rankings reflected that policy, although it could have been coincidence for the three conferences that had two teams among the top eight - CAA Football, Missouri Valley and Southland.

Full Story

Ok, this makes it a little interesting. Would like to think UCA is pretty well locked into the #3 spot due to us (in my opinion) having a better resume than JSU. But with NDSU probably winning this week and definitely moving up and committee loving JSU, who knows. Would like to see y’all hold onto your 5 seed, not only cause it’s good for the conference but because you deserve it. Who knows.

New Rule Likely to Impact SHSU, UCA in Playoffs

Our fate basically lies in the relation ship between UCA, JSU and NDSU.

If the Committee uses its brain, it will see that NDSU has a better resume then JSU and UCA despite one loss. If UCA ends up third, then we will likely be 4 or 5. If they put ndsu or jsu at 2-3, then that would put UCA at 4, dropping us into the 6 or 7 slot. Which is bette for us imho.

So best scenario for us is

1 JMU
    2/3 JSU/NDSU
    4. UCA

If they follow that rule, they would slot sdsu at 5, placing us at 6. Which i think is fair, sdsu has one more loss, but has a much better win, and thats not counting of they beat USD this weekend. Then we wont be able to compete with that resume.

Basically, with the Committee now having an agenda, you may as well get used to the fact that the final seedings will only loosely be based on the best teams and what order they fall; it will be about manipulating matchups.

As much as im in favor of avoiding regional matchups early, the fact that there is now a clear manipulation to fit an agenda, does make me more than a little nervous about the future of the playoffs.
    Last edited by millenniumkat; 11-14-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear22 View Post
    Ok, this makes it a little interesting. Would like to think UCA is pretty well locked into the #3 spot due to us (in my opinion) having a better resume than JSU. But with NDSU probably winning this week and definitely moving up and committee loving JSU, who knows. Would like to see y’all hold onto your 5 seed, not only cause it’s good for the conference but because you deserve it. Who knows.
    Would think UCA is a 3. But the committee's attachment to JSU is strong. You guys have really helped the SLC cause this year.

I’d like to think that too, but the strange infatuation with JSU continues. Hope we make some long runs in the playoffs this year. Obviously hope it’s UCA, but would love to see y’all do the same. Gotta change the SLC reputation one year at a time. It takes a village.

Id like to think that too, but the strange infatuation with JSU continues. Hope we make some long runs in the playoffs this year. Obviously hope its UCA, but would love to see yall do the same. Gotta change the SLC reputation one year at a time. It takes a village.
    Isn't JSU AD on the committee?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Ok, this makes it a little interesting. Would like to think UCA is pretty well locked into the #3 spot due to us (in my opinion) having a better resume than JSU. But with NDSU probably winning this week and definitely moving up and committee loving JSU, who knows. Would like to see yall hold onto your 5 seed, not only cause its good for the conference but because you deserve it. Who knows.
    UCA deserves #3 minimum....JSU deserves #4 max unless NDSU loses

Id like to think that too, but the strange infatuation with JSU continues. Hope we make some long runs in the playoffs this year. Obviously hope its UCA, but would love to see yall do the same. Gotta change the SLC reputation one year at a time. It takes a village.
    Damn Straight. Man id love to see the SLC go 3-0 first games.

Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    Isn't JSU AD on the committee?

So is SFAs....So the whole thing is just a Space Cadet show.

I’d like to think that too, but the strange infatuation with JSU continues. Hope we make some long runs in the playoffs this year. Obviously hope it’s UCA, but would love to see y’all do the same. Gotta change the SLC reputation one year at a time. It takes a village.
    We need to meet in Frisco