Thread: WBB lost to TX Southern

WBB lost to TX Southern

Boy o boy, BWN sucks! I don't care anymore that she's a Bearkat. Her ass needs to be fired, right behind a Hooten.

Hire Hooten to coach WBB. I hear he's a good guy and has had multiple 20 win seasons! How is this guy still available?!

Ice, ice baby.... ^^

2015 KatFans.com Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by icekat77 View Post
    Hire Hooten to coach WBB. I hear he's a good guy and has had multiple 20 win seasons! How is this guy still available?!
    Sadly, this might be our best hope.
    “I think it’s important to understand that you can’t have 100 percent security and then have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience. We’re going to have to make some choices as a society,” Barrack Obama June 7, 2013

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin in 1755 in a letter on behalf of the Pennsylvania Assembly to the colonial governor.

DHKat, you didn't tell the whole story... we got whooooopppped by Texas Southern 77-58. It was 20-4 at the end of first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    DHKat, you didn't tell the whole story... we got whooooopppped by Texas Southern 77-58. It was 20-4 at the end of first quarter.
    I think this game put BWN's life into perspective...time to get out and find another career. Seriously, if you go based on her WBB production over the year's...with few exceptions, it's nothing to brag about. I guess she can say for the support she got from the AD and fans, the least she could do was make sure the ladies got their degrees. OK, I can agree with that one...but geez, if I'm a HC and have to hang my hate on my record at SH...yikes!

My take with many sports on campus is the AD and Admin have decided they are going to spend x amount of dollars on non-revenue generating sports. Find good people who are willing to work for government wages, the piece of mind they have a job (career, well...)and are stable enough to stay put in one place and raise a family...OK, if that's where our U sets the bar and thinks how to prop up the sports that draw the most attention. I'd say that's plausible. At the end of the day, only close family...some sports alums and the admin really give a hoot about them anyway. If you are not going to invest the time and money in a particular sport, build a respectable program and promote it or try and brand it locally, state-wide and eventually nationally...continue on this track. But at least tell the fans your mission and goals for the program so they know how much to invest in time and money along the way.

2015 KatFans.com Supporter Tripod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DHKat2 View Post
    I think this game put BWN's life into perspective...time to get out and find another career. Seriously, if you go based on her WBB production over the year's...with few exceptions, it's nothing to brag about. I guess she can say for the support she got from the AD and fans, the least she could do was make sure the ladies got their degrees. OK, I can agree with that one...but geez, if I'm a HC and have to hang my hate on my record at SH...yikes!

My take with many sports on campus is the AD and Admin have decided they are going to spend x amount of dollars on non-revenue generating sports. Find good people who are willing to work for government wages, the piece of mind they have a job (career, well...)and are stable enough to stay put in one place and raise a family...OK, if that's where our U sets the bar and thinks how to prop up the sports that draw the most attention. I'd say that's plausible. At the end of the day, only close family...some sports alums and the admin really give a hoot about them anyway. If you are not going to invest the time and money in a particular sport, build a respectable program and promote it or try and brand it locally, state-wide and eventually nationally...continue on this track. But at least tell the fans you have your mission and goals for the program so they know how much to invest in time and money along the way.
    Well atleast football and baseball teams are doing well
    Tripod, 1941-1962
    "The Three-Legged Don Juan of College Hill, a dog whose name may become a Sam Houston State legend"....Dan Rather, 1952

Beloved Mascot
    Loyal Supporter
    Friend of Students