Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas lines for this weekends playoff games

Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

Quote Originally Posted by KatManDo View Post
    No. You don't get it.

It is about the match ups. Team A beats Team B, and Team B beats Team C, but Team C doesn't always beat Team A.

Just because a team had an easier time against team 1 versus team 2, doesn't mean team 1 is better than team 2.

I agree that the championship game isn't always the best two teams, but for you to say that JMU versus NDSU was the championship last year is comical. JMU absolutely destroyed NDSU in every part of the game, despite their 1 OL constantly accruing penalties due to your huge home field advantage. Seriously, how many other teams could have pulled off a victory when their team has to consistently make 15 yards to get a first down?

NDSU got curb stomped, but NDSU fans always look at the score board instead of the actual game. Close game? No way. Put that game on a neutral field and JMU blows NDSU out of the stadium. YSU played JMU on a neutral field, and frankly, looked better than NDSU did.

No wonder NDSU constantly cries about seeding, they need home field advantage, and their home field advantage is HUGE compared to other teams, especially for first time visitors, and even more so for spread teams.

Funny, here TrannyBison is actually trying to sell the idea that NDSU is always at least the second place team. Makes you wonder if he wants a t-shirt that says, "The real 2016 football championship was played in Fargo!"

Sorry, Tranny, the real championship game, played between the two best teams, left out your boys.
    Ha...you showed how little you know about football. But yeah, you called me names...good call when you don't have an argument. YSU was out of the game from the beginning and never came back. We went down by 17, and then came back and tied it up. We had a chance to take the lead but a long field goal wasn't to be...and then JMU did what winners do...they took control...went up by two scores.

But nevermind...I'll quit trying to argue football with you guys. I'm sticking around...so not that...but there is no sense in talking real football here unless I compliment you guys...you can't fathom anything else.

Oh, and I do get millenium's point about NDSU fans bringing it on themselves...totally get and agree with that point.

2015 KatFans.com Supporter KATatonic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Ha...you showed how little you know about football. But yeah, you called me names...good call when you don't have an argument. YSU was out of the game from the beginning and never came back. We went down by 17, and then came back and tied it up. We had a chance to take the lead but a long field goal wasn't to be...and then JMU did what winners do...they took control...went up by two scores.

But nevermind...I'll quit trying to argue football with you guys. I'm sticking around...so not that...but there is no sense in talking real football here unless I compliment you guys...you can't fathom anything else.

Oh, and I do get millenium's point about NDSU fans bringing it on themselves...totally get and agree with that point.
    Talking "real football" is only the wheelhouse of you brilliant and unimpeachable NDSU folks, I guess? So real football is when everybody agrees with you. Real football is the when the team sucking hind tit in the MVFC can beat the conference champ of half of FCS (Until round two of the playoffs!). I get it. You are all knowing and the king of football knowledge. I shall now defer to you and your greatness.
    "None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else." - Christopher Walken

You still don't get it. NDSU wasn't in the game no matter what the score was. And if that game was played at JMU, or in Frisco, as YSU had to do, you would have been blown out even worse than YSU (you were blown out at home, but you kept looking at the scoreboard instead of the game). Watch the tape. Watch the freshman OL give your team 5 extra yards 5-6 times in that game. Without that, JMU eats your D alive again and again.

JMU beat you silly with one hand tied behind its back.

Let me remind you:
    JMU drove 87 yards on NDSU for its first score. 70.
    JMU drove 58 yards for its second score. 10-0
    JMU drove 72 yards for its third score. 17-0.
    Then your boys finally got some moxie and made it 17-7 with about a minute left in the half.

During that first half domination, the JMU OL had a false start to kill its first drive.
    On JMu's second drive, they had a 10 play drive, with TWO false starts from the same guy, one on a 3rd and 1 on your 21 yard line (it killed their drive) and they missed a short FG.

Without those 3 drive killing False Starts, your team would have been run out of the building before halftime. Those false starts were because of the noise, and you can bet that on any other field JMU would have beaten you guys into submission. You simply could not stop their running back. NOT. AT. ALL.

JMU opens their first drive of the second half with, you guessed it, another False Start by the same guy on second and 7. Drive killer.
    JMU's next drive is stopped when you guys intercepted a pass. Congrats, you finally played some D.
    JMU's next drive contains - wait for it - yet another False Start by the same guy. Killer.
    JMU gets a FG on their next drive.
    JMU's next drive features yet another False Start (finally by another players), yet they blow through your tired D and get a touchdown.
    JMU had one more meaningful possession, but at that time everyone knew NDSU was done so JMU conservatively ran the clock and punted.

Abdullah ran all over your sorry asses for 180 yards at 7.8 yards per carry, and Schor simply tore you guys apart with his efficiency. 443 yards, and it should have been much more if it were not for the poor freshman OL who personally killed several drives by himself.

Both games were blowouts. But, YSU had some awful badly timed turnovers that changed the game. Other than that, they played JMU A LOT tougher than NDSU.

So, let's compare NDSU's porous D to that of YSU, who, on a neutral field, held JMU to only 112 yards passing, and 141 yards rushing. YSU outgained JMU 292 to 253.

YSU lost because they gave up a blocked kick on their first possession, and their second punt went only 20 yards, and they fumbled at JMU's 28 after putting together a 10 play drive. And they they opened up the second half with an interception and a fumble.Yuo really can't write that script, and it was unbelievable when it was watched in real time.

JMU quickly scored twice, on short fields, after the first two of those possessions, to make it 14-0.

JMU's first two drives:
    18 yards, 2 plays, for a TD
    50 yards, 4 plays, for a TD.

JMU finally put together one solid drive, 87 yards, 8 yards, to go up 21-0.

But, similar to your game, YSU scored with a few minutes left in the half to make it 21-7.

Start the second half and YSU throws an INT and gives JMU another short field. 47 yards later it is 28-7. Another fumble doomed YSU, but they stayed in the game because of their D.

JMU's next drives were:
    3 plays, 4 yards.
    3 plays, -1 yards.
    7 plays, 14 yards.
    3 pays, 2 yards.
    1 play, knee.

If JMU played NDSU again, they whip NDSU every time, and even more badly outside of the friendly confines of the dome. BTW, only 1 False Start by JMU against YSU. Wonder why?

If JMU played YSU again, and actually showed up, it would be a much better game than the JMU-NDSU game.

YSU was simply much more physical than NDSU's D. NDSU wasn't championship game material last year.
    Last edited by KatManDo; 12-06-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Vegas lines for this weekends playoff games

I mean you came onto an opposing teams board and made
    the claim that the REAL championship game was not when you played THEM at frisco but the week before, which diminished both the validity of the playoff systems and downgrades that teams accomplishment of getting to the natty,...what response were you hoping for?

Just because we have a fight, doesn’t mean we have to break up. There’s still love there i think.
    Last edited by millenniumkat; 12-07-2017 at 04:05 AM.
    Its not how you start, its how you finiSH.

Quote Originally Posted by KatManDo View Post
    You still don't get it. NDSU wasn't in the game no matter what the score was. And if that game was played at JMU, or in Frisco, as YSU had to do, you would have been blown out even worse than YSU (you were blown out at home, but you kept looking at the scoreboard instead of the game). Watch the tape. Watch the freshman OL give your team 5 extra yards 5-6 times in that game. Without that, JMU eats your D alive again and again.

JMU beat you silly with one hand tied behind its back.

Let me remind you:
    JMU drove 87 yards on NDSU for its first score. 70.
    JMU drove 58 yards for its second score. 10-0
    JMU drove 72 yards for its third score. 17-0.
    Then your boys finally got some moxie and made it 17-7 with about a minute left in the half.

During that first half domination, the JMU OL had a false start to kill its first drive.
    On JMu's second drive, they had a 10 play drive, with TWO false starts from the same guy, one on a 3rd and 1 on your 21 yard line (it killed their drive) and they missed a short FG.

Without those 3 drive killing False Starts, your team would have been run out of the building before halftime. Those false starts were because of the noise, and you can bet that on any other field JMU would have beaten you guys into submission. You simply could not stop their running back. NOT. AT. ALL.

JMU opens their first drive of the second half with, you guessed it, another False Start by the same guy on second and 7. Drive killer.
    JMU's next drive is stopped when you guys intercepted a pass. Congrats, you finally played some D.
    JMU's next drive contains - wait for it - yet another False Start by the same guy. Killer.
    JMU gets a FG on their next drive.
    JMU's next drive features yet another False Start (finally by another players), yet they blow through your tired D and get a touchdown.
    JMU had one more meaningful possession, but at that time everyone knew NDSU was done so JMU conservatively ran the clock and punted.

Abdullah ran all over your sorry asses for 180 yards at 7.8 yards per carry, and Schor simply tore you guys apart with his efficiency. 443 yards, and it should have been much more if it were not for the poor freshman OL who personally killed several drives by himself.

Both games were blowouts. But, YSU had some awful badly timed turnovers that changed the game. Other than that, they played JMU A LOT tougher than NDSU.

So, let's compare NDSU's porous D to that of YSU, who, on a neutral field, held JMU to only 112 yards passing, and 141 yards rushing. YSU outgained JMU 292 to 253.

YSU lost because they gave up a blocked kick on their first possession, and their second punt went only 20 yards, and they fumbled at JMU's 28 after putting together a 10 play drive. And they they opened up the second half with an interception and a fumble.Yuo really can't write that script, and it was unbelievable when it was watched in real time.

JMU quickly scored twice, on short fields, after the first two of those possessions, to make it 14-0.

JMU's first two drives:
    18 yards, 2 plays, for a TD
    50 yards, 4 plays, for a TD.

JMU finally put together one solid drive, 87 yards, 8 yards, to go up 21-0.

But, similar to your game, YSU scored with a few minutes left in the half to make it 21-7.

Start the second half and YSU throws an INT and gives JMU another short field. 47 yards later it is 28-7. Another fumble doomed YSU, but they stayed in the game because of their D.

JMU's next drives were:
    3 plays, 4 yards.
    3 plays, -1 yards.
    7 plays, 14 yards.
    3 pays, 2 yards.
    1 play, knee.

If JMU played NDSU again, they whip NDSU every time, and even more badly outside of the friendly confines of the dome. BTW, only 1 False Start by JMU against YSU. Wonder why?

If JMU played YSU again, and actually showed up, it would be a much better game than the JMU-NDSU game.

YSU was simply much more physical than NDSU's D. NDSU wasn't championship game material last year.
    You make many points...but it is funny how they owned us, but the big plays against YSU were negated. They quit trying against YSU as they had them...they just coasted and let the clock go down. We tied it up at 17 and even had a chance to take the lead (which we squandered). All in all, I agree that JMU had us...they were the better team and that is why they won.

Quote Originally Posted by millenniumkat View Post
    I mean you came onto an opposing teams board and made
    the claim that the REAL championship game was not when you played THEM at frisco but the week before, which diminished both the validity of the playoff systems and downgrades that teams accomplishment of getting to the natty,...what response were you hoping for?

Just because we have a fight, doesn’t mean we have to break up. There’s still love there i think.
    It does not diminish the validity of the playoff system. All the best teams are in it. It does diminish the process of how the bracket is formulated. I think you guys have your own thoughts on that one. Many times the bracket has been unfair...way too much power on one side. I believe everybody was arguing that last year. I'm pretty sure you guys were arguing that too.

Yeah man, there's still love. Hoping with a little luck to be hosting some of you at a tailgate next Friday.

Ugh...I'm probably just a little more irritable than normal anyway...anxiety over our game with Wofford. And to top it off, I can't go to the game as my kids have basketball games Saturday morning...and I won't be able to catch the game until after it is over. Making for a very pissy TAB.

2015 KatFans.com Supporter Tripod's Avatar
    Ugh...I'm probably just a little more irritable than normal anyway...anxiety over our game with Wofford. And to top it off, I can't go to the game as my kids have basketball games Saturday morning...and I won't be able to catch the game until after it is over. Making for a very pissy TAB.
    TAB, you shouldn't worry too much, I have 100% confident NDSU defense will shut down Wofford's running game and force them to throw. I predict NDSU wins 28-17
    Tripod, 1941-1962
    "The Three-Legged Don Juan of College Hill, a dog whose name may become a Sam Houston State legend"....Dan Rather, 1952

Beloved Mascot
    Loyal Supporter
    Friend of Students

2015 KatFans.com Supporter KATatonic's Avatar
    If your family loves you and truly understands you, they would encourage you to do what makes you happy......

JUST KIDDING! I know it doesn't work like that!
    "None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else." - Christopher Walken