Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Oher Games Dec. 8-9

How about them UNH fellows? Lol....what a joke. They are young though they might bounce back next year. Heard like 18 or 19 starters will be back.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

2015 KatFans.com Supporter Tripod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIPantherFan View Post
    How about them UNH fellows? Lol....what a joke. They are young though they might bounce back next year. Heard like 18 or 19 starters will be back.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    +3
    Tripod, 1941-1962
    "The Three-Legged Don Juan of College Hill, a dog whose name may become a Sam Houston State legend"....Dan Rather, 1952

Beloved Mascot
    Loyal Supporter
    Friend of Students

2015 KatFans.com Supporter Tripod's Avatar
    D3 Mary Hardin Baylor is In the title game, so is D2 A&M Commerce, FCS Sam Houston is in the semis. All rosters filled with #txhsfb players. Surprised? I'm not, Texas HS football is the best in the country.
    Tripod, 1941-1962
    "The Three-Legged Don Juan of College Hill, a dog whose name may become a Sam Houston State legend"....Dan Rather, 1952

Beloved Mascot
    Loyal Supporter
    Friend of Students

2015 KatFans.com Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
    D3 Mary Hardin Baylor is In the title game, so is D2 A&M Commerce, FCS Sam Houston is in the semis. All rosters filled with #txhsfb players. Surprised? I'm not, Texas HS football is the best in the country.
    I am REALLY starting to question this. If I was recruiting defensive backs I am pretty sure I would go anywhere, BUT Texas.

First every school in the country is already recruiting here (Where does that put a small D2 or D3 school, even an FCS program, in the recruiting pecking order? In many cases; taking the scraps that are left over). Next, with the widespread use of the spread offense, it appears to me that the DB's now think that "covering" someone means running with them and watching them catch the ball. Fundamentals like tackling have been replaced by putting your shoulder pad into them and hoping that they don't catch the ball, or maybe you can knock them down. How few is it that can wrap someone up and pull them down in the open field.

Think about it for one second; Where are we currently recruiting our DB's? Almost exclusively from Texas. What positions have we been complaining about the level of play of for the past 3 or 4 years? Uhh, the DB's? YESSIREEEEE, Bob! And you win a beautiful set of matching stainless steel steak knives for that insightful answer!
    Last edited by Dr. OldKat; 12-10-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    “I think it’s important to understand that you can’t have 100 percent security and then have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience. We’re going to have to make some choices as a society,” Barrack Obama June 7, 2013

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin in 1755 in a letter on behalf of the Pennsylvania Assembly to the colonial governor.